With the 4th of July holiday fast approaching, there has never been a better time to begin decorating for the patriotic holiday. If you’re not sure on where to start, the United States Flag Store has everything you need. Take a look at all of our patriotic decorations and supplies and see which one is right for you.
In the weeks leading up to the 4th of July holiday, Patriotic Outdoor Decorations start to make their annual debuts in the yards of residents. Adorn your yard with a star-spangled windwheel that spins in the wind, hang an American flag windsock which shows patriotic spirit, or spruce up your mailbox with our magnetic mailbox covers.
Start the 4th of July celebration right with our Patriotic Party Supplies! From centerpieces to pool toys, we have a wide range of supplies to help your gathering go out with a bang! Show your American spirit with our patriotic party favors, with top hats, leis, and even a head bopper! Our party decorations can also turn your party into the biggest party in the neighborhood.
Pleated Fans are an excellent way to decorate pretty just about anything. You can adorn them on the railing of your stairs, on a stage, or even on a parade float. Many of our pleated fans are made with a super tough polyester material. Start off with 18inx36in or 3×6. Bunting can also be used together with pleated fans.
Let the 4th of July festivities begin! Happy 4th of July!
Independence Day, or more commonly known as the Fourth of July is one of the biggest events and celebrations in America’s history. Still, we must not forget why we celebrate this important day and everything the led to it, plus more facts about it. Today, I am presenting you with some trivia about the Fourth of July that may surprise you:
- While many get the Fourth off today, it was not officially declared by Congress a paid Federal holiday until 1938. It was originally unpaid since 1870.
- Nathan’s Hot Dogs holds their Hot Dog Eating Contest annually. This is to see who can eat the most hot dogs in the fastest time. The event is held on New York’s Coney Island and is broadcast on national television on cable.
- Three presidents died on the 4th of July: Thomas Jefferson, John Adams within hours of each other on 1826, and James Monroe in 1831. The only president to the be born on the 4th of July was Calvin Coolidge in 1872.
- The Liberty Bell in Philadelphia is tapped thirteen times in honor of the original thirteen colonies. The bell has not been rung since 1846.
- John Hancock was the first signer of the Declaration of Independence and the only signer ON the Fourth of July. It actually took a month for all 56 signatures to get on the Declaration of Independence and John Adams thought the Second of July would become Independence Day.
- While we light fireworks on the Fourth some 240 years after we became a country, in the first year afterward, many Americans placed a candle on their windowsills to show their patriotism for their new country. Those still loyal to the British crown left their windowsills bare.
- While we hold barbecues today that feature burgers and hot dogs, our founding fathers ate foods like turtle soup, poached salmon in egg sauce, peas, boiled potatoes in their skins, and apple pandowdy for dessert!
Hope you enjoyed all the trivia! Happy 4th, America!
The United States Flag Store is your one-stop shop for American flags to help you and your family celebrate Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Independence Day. The United States Flag Store is the largest online vendor of flags and flagpoles and offers top-quality flags at unbeatable prices. Read on for details about some of our fantastic American flags.
The Koralex II American Flags made by Valley Forge are some of the best American flags available. Koralex II gives American flags the traditional look of coarse cotton, but, unlike cotton flags, they are fade and fray resistant. Like all Valley Forge flags, the Koralex II American Flags are 100% U.S. made. Designed for outdoor use, these flags have nylon or canvas headings, brass grommets, and the larger flags have reinforced headings with thimble or D ring ends. These great flags are available as small as 3 feet by 5 feet for only $24.70 or as large as 20 feet by 38 feet for $808.55.
If you’re looking for value, a nylon flag from the United States Flag Store offers you a savings of 15% or more when compared to equivalent nylon flags from competitor companies. All nylon flags from the United States Flag Store are 100% U.S. made and reflect top-notch quality standards. Flags sizes range from 16 inches by 24 inches to 12 feet by 18 feet. Discounts are available for ordering in quantities of two or more.
Pleated fans are a beautiful to show your patriotic spirit in your windows and doorways. The pleated fans available at the United States Flag Store feature canvas headings and brass grommets for durability and easy hanging. The pleated fans from the United States Flag Store are made from durable and thick 600-denier polyester and they feature sewn stripes and appliquéd stars on both sides. You won’t find the “pleated effect” fans sold by competitors at the United States Flag Store, either: these fan feature generous pleats that look beautiful and elegant when displayed inside or out.
Looking for more flags and flagpoles? Visit the United States Flag Store’s website for the complete selection!